So much more than just a job!
If you’re looking to…
- make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- be challenged, inspired, appreciated
- be a part of a growing, innovative organization
…then explore the career opportunities available at Loveland Village.
REPORTS TO: Adult Day Training Program Manager
SUPERVISES: No other staff
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full Time, Hourly Employment
SUMMARY: Provide the expertise, knowledge and skills necessary to organize and supervise the daily operation of the Health and Safety class.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree and two years experience working with people with intellectual developmental disabilities (I/DD) or a high school diploma and four years of experience working with people with I/DD; related experience will substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required college education. Valid Florida driver’s license.
CLASS DESCRIPTION: To educate, encourage and empower students to reach their goals through hands on Health and Safety training as they apply to everyday life. Students will develop skills through activities that focus on personal health, safety in the community and at the home, functions of the human body, diet and nutrition, community awareness, hygiene, communication, and emergency preparedness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fully adhere to Loveland Center’s Code of Ethics and Core Values.
Maintain professional standards of the highest quality with regards to health, safety, classroom management and public relations.
Oversee the daily operation of the Heath and Safety class, including duties such as:
o Ensure the success of students’ participation.
o Design, develop, and implement an age appropriate curriculum utilizing teaching methods and materials, including usage of computers, iPads, Smart Board, as well as written and unwritten materials.
o Follow an individualized implementation plan for each assigned student.
o Maintain an individualized record for each assigned student documenting attendance, goals, current level of progress, plans for attaining goals, and any progress made in accordance with Medicaid Waiver Handbook.
o Assign duties to and supervise volunteers.
o Document each student’s daily and monthly progress and submit a monthly report to the Adult Day Training Program Manager.
Serve as a role model to students and guide them in understanding and developing good work habits and social skills.
Attend in-service programs and staff meetings as required for effective planning and programming.
Supervise students during the morning assembly program, lunchtime, breaks, dismissal and other scheduled activities/events as assigned by the Adult Day Training Program Manager.
Transport students in a Loveland vehicle as assigned by the Adult Day Training Program Manager.
Participate in trainings to ensure continuing education requirements are met including but not limited to, First Aid, HIV, and CPR certifications.
Maintain/keep all equipment in a safe and good working condition.
Perform all other duties not specifically identified, which may be directly or indirectly related with the function of Life Skills Health and Safety Instructor, as assigned by the Adult Day Training Program Manager, Chief Operating Officer or President/CEO.
Reports To: President/CEO
Oversees: Loveland 3rd Party Village Apartment Management Company
Supervises: Loveland Village Recreation Coordinator
Employment Term: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Residential Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Loveland Village’s Residential services, including, but not limited to: residential recruitment, placement and prioritizing waiting lists in collaboration with the 3rd party property management company; ensuring compliance with all CMS Home and Community Based Waiver residential setting policies; serving as a liaison between residents, residents’ supports, the 3rd party property manager and other Loveland Center Programs; scheduling and coordinating the use of the Community Center for social and recreational activities for residents and community organizations; providing support coordination services to private pay residents. The Residential Services Manager will also be responsible for growing the residential services programs to meet community needs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
• Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with diverse audiences, including public officials, coalition partners and the public.
• Excellent writing, speaking and analytical skills.
• Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes.
• Able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints.
• Proven track record in program development and budget management.
• Proven experience and successful track record ensuring compliance with governing entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fully adheres to Loveland Center’s Code of Ethics and Unifying Values, and passionately supports the organization’s mission.
• Supervise and back up the Loveland Village Recreation Coordinator.
• Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal residential appropriations & grant funding.
• Collaborate as needed with the 3rd party property management company to maintain at a minimum 95% occupancy rate in the Loveland Village apartments.
• Serve as liaison between Loveland Village residents’ and their supports and the 3rd party Property Management Company.
• Schedule & attend monthly Loveland Village residents’ meetings in collaboration with the Property Manager.
• Serve as a liaison between residents, residents’ supports, the 3rd party property manager and other Loveland Center Programs in relation to the Detert Residences Operations.
• Develop strategic partnerships and collaborations to increase community involvement and inclusion opportunities for Loveland Village residents.
• Manage reservations for the Loveland Village Clubhouse for various types of events and activities, both for residents and outside entities.
• Ensure full compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Rule and any other public policy related to individuals with developmental disabilities and planned residential communities.
• Provide Support Coordination service to up to 20 private pay residents, utilizing the person-centered process.
• Develop and recommend Residential Services policies to the President/CEO and Board.
• Develop operating procedures for Board-approved policies and oversee their implementation.
• Serve as a liaison with partnering organizations, governmental agencies, and/or businesses when needed.
• Attends meetings, trainings, conferences, and events as needed.
To be considered for any openings, please email Madeline Broadus, HR Officer, at MBroadus@lovelandcenter.com with a cover letter and resume.