The LION Program is a supported volunteer effort that serves adults who are seeking to develop resume building skill, while enhancing social and communication skills.
• ADVOCATE for opportunities and visibility;
• BUILD valuable life, social, and vocational skills;
• CONNECT to the greater community;
• DEVELOP community partnerships;
• EDUCATE the community about individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD).
How does it work?
Loveland’s Community Support Specialists pairs prospective volunteers with available positions at partner agencies. Our customized approach ensures not only that set goals for each individual are being met, but also that there is measurable growth in an array of skill sets that makes the individual more employable.
LION Partnerships include:
• Venice Area Beautification, Inc.;
• InStride Therapy, Inc.;
• Habitat for Humanity of South Sarasota County;
• St. Francis Animal Rescue;
• Suncoast Humane Society;
• Doctors Hospital;
• Project Give;
• Sarasota County Parks;
• Backpack Angels.
Why choose Loveland’s LION program?
Opportunity is the goal of this program. By providing individuals the opportunity to discover new talents and strengthen employable skills, this program has the potential to not only create employment opportunities, but also to increase independence and strengthen community relationships.
*Funding for this program is provided, in part, by the Hospital Volunteers of Venice and the United Way of South Sarasota County.